I think I just have this thing about meta. I love writing meta-activism and I love blogging about blogging.
First up, a reminder to read the comments policy before commenting. If you haven’t checked the policy, or if it’s been a while, please have a read.
There have been several small updates to the sidebar and the about page. I couldn’t find a decent translation widget after all, so I ended up making an icon linking to the US Google translation page. Not perfect, but that was the most accessible and viable option I could come up with given WordPress’ restrictions on embedding.
Here are new blogs for the blogroll:
- Feminists with Female Sexual Dysfunction – K’s blogging one topic and doing it well.
- Egotistical Whining – I’ve been meaning to add shannon for a while now. She runs two other blogs, too!
- Something More Than Sides – Pharaoh Katt is my fellow Aussie feminist!
- Mothers for Women’s Lib – Home of the fabulous Carnival of Feminist Parenting.
- And Scarleteen – is not a blog, but deserves to be linked everywhere. A truly excellent sex ed resource.
And you know how I love my carnivals.
- Anji of Shut Up Sit Down has the latest Carnival of Feminists up. Go show her some love.
- There are just a few more days to submit to the next Down Under Feminists Carnival. The rather charming Jo Tamar is hosting. For details and information on the theme, head over to Wallaby.
- FWD/Forward is hosting the November run of the Disability Carnival. The theme is disability and intersectionality and it is sure to be fantastic! Get your posts in.
Lastly, I must share the most hilarious spam comment I’ve ever had:
To engage masculinities through the prism of feminist theory or to write feminist theory using masculinities as an analytic… Sex Video [link redacted]